How we got started
In September 1959, Lord Montagu of Beaulieu invited owners of Model T Fords to an event at Beaulieu to celebrate the Model T’s 50th anniversary.
Lord Montagu suggested that a register of Model T’s be formed and subsequently the Model T Ford Register of Great Britain was founded in 1960 by the late Charles Pearce.
Our aims are to encourage the preservation and use of early Ford vehicles (1903 ~ 1927).
We have a thriving membership of over 450 in Britain and overseas.
Tours, (one day, weekend and longer) are organised throughout the summer season and a very successful members’ autojumble is held each autumn. A thriving spares service is operated on a mail-order basis and the club also offers a range of books, badges etc.
The Club is open to all those with an interest in the history, preservation, and enjoyment of the Model T Ford whether they are owners or not. The Club also covers all other Ford vehicles manufactured prior to 1927.
Please click here to see a list of The Register’s committee members & other useful contacts.
The Club’s main activities
- Maintaining a library of books and literature related to Model T Fords and early Ford history.
- Maintaining a register and providing letters to support registration with the DVLA.
- Promoting research into the history of the Model T Ford.
- Organising members’ tours and social events across Great Britain.
- Publishing a quarterly magazine for all members -T Topics.
- Advising members on the buying and maintaining of their vehicles.
- Providing an economical new and used parts supply service for members